Thursday, January 25, 2007

13 Things

13 Things I did today:

1. Put together a puzzle with my cute little girl who stayed home sick from school. Best .25 I spent at a garage sale. She loves her Pochahontas puzzle.



2. Laundry. See, I told you, it is never ending!

3. Dishes. While I was doing these Genna pulled a stool up so she could help. It was so cute, she was singing the whole time we were working. I asked if she learned that song at school. She said no, it was a Dragon Tales song about how singing makes the work go faster and more fun. I love PBS!

4. Talked with my good friend, Cheryl on the phone. Her son is not feeling good. Hope you feel better soon, Aaron!

5. Made this recipe. I know I read it on someone's blog and I can't remember who, I am sorry.

Lentil-Rice Casserole

3 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup uncooked lentils
1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
1/4 cup minced onion
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Blend all together in a casserole dish. Bake, covered for 2 hours at 300 degrees. Sprinkle with cheese and baked for another 20 minutes.

I was actually a little scared when I pulled it out of the oven, but it was surprisingly tasty and everyone enjoyed it, except my little sweetie who didn't feel like eating dinner.



6.Cleaned out my tool basket in my office. It was a MESS! And I couldn't find my adhesive. It wasn't there, but now it looks so much better.

7. Made this scrapbook page:


8.Filed bills and other important papers.


9.Cleaned out my spice cupboard. It was LONG overdue.


10. I also labeled the lids after I was inspired to do so by Laura, the Organizing Junkie. Check out her post about this.


11. While I was doing the spice cupboard, I tackled the medicine cabinet as well. It always tends to gravitate towards chaos. I think one problem is that the little baskets have to be turned sideways to be taken out. Didn't fix that problem. But it is back to being organized again.


12.Got all nostalgic listening to this song: Come on Home by Everything But the Girl. Totally makes me think of my friend Rebecca and working grounds crew at BYU.

13. Made this little package for Mrs. Schrader. Jameson told us she was turning 50 tomorrow. They are all wearing black so she knows she is older than dirt. He also is going to write out 50 math problems for her(she is his math teacher).

2 comments:

Kassie said...

Wow, you had a busy day, Kristi. I reorganized part of my bathroom cabinet the other day too. I'm feeling so good about what I've done so far and discouraged about what I've still got to do. Cute teacher treat!

Meredith said...

What a clever little gift--very cute!

I need to label my spice tops, too.