Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A White New Year

Well, the Christmas festivities are now over and the decorations are nestled in their snug little tubs. My small collection of snowmen are now on display.



On Sunday it snowed. Except for the scary ride home from church, we were all so excited to see the world change from brown and drab to wintery and white. Sunday afternoon celebrated New Year's Eve, with some good friends. We ate and played lots of games and made a lot of noise to ring in the new year. One new game they got was 10 Days in the USA, it was very fun and educational.



The kids were thrilled to be able to play outside today. They go back to school tomorrow. Although, it has been such a fun break that has went way too quickly, getting back into our old routine will be good too.



Once there was a skater snow dude, tall, tall, tall!



In the night someone smashed him small, small, small.



Apparently, some kids get their thrills by going around and smashing other people’s snowmen. How rude!!

Oh well, he was going to melt tomorrow anyway! And as I was putting my decorations away today, I saw a funny saying on a snowman gift bag- it said, "Don't Flurry, Be Happy!!"

I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year. This year my goals include- being more frugal, getting more organized, making healthy new habits and showing more love and compassion to everyone around me. I will try and share more specifics on some of those goals in the weeks to come. Lara, the Lazy Organizer, has a great goal setting challenge up on her site. Check out the link on the side of my blog.








2 comments:

Helena said...

What a great snowman!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman ... I love Primary songs :) !!

Good goals. I posted some on my blog, as well, and I, too, am going to try and participate with The Lazy Organizer. I listed my broad goals, but now I need to work on setting the specific details of them.

Good luck with your goals and Happy New Year!