Sunday, January 07, 2007

Family Goals for 2007

At the beginning of last year I didn't have a working printer. After our family goal setting FHE, I wrote our list down and it sat in my drawer until a few weeks ago when I cleaned it out. I do actually think we got it out a couple of months later and did a review on how we were doing, but besides that brief excursion, it was stuck out of sight, out of mind. I was hoping I had actually put a few of our goals on my blog, so I would have something to refer to as we reviewed tonight, but I just had to go by memory. So with that said, I think I will post our family goals here, although I already did better than last year and printed them out. They will be posted in our kitchen tomorrow.



Our family Goals for 2007
Spiritual:
* regular Family Home Evening
* Family Prayer- especially at night
* Daily Scripture Study

Physical: work to make a House of Order
* clean garage by Jan. 31st
* clean storage room by Feb. 14th
* More physical activity & healthy foods

Social/Creative:
* during selected FHE's “do” each other’s hobbies

Intellectual:
* Limiting TV/GameCube
* Memorize an Articles of Faith each month
Family:
* Respect one another & our home
* Go out of our way to serve one another
* Be punctual

This was the shortened version to be placed in sight in the kitchen. Additional information on those goals" I will make a FHE schedule to follow. We will adjust the time so we can have FHE every Sunday. We will choose a different song to start our scripture study every month. This month is Love at Home. If we miss a morning of reading scriptures, we will make that up at dinner time or bedtime, whichever works best. I will plan our Hobby nights into the FHE schedule. Gamecube & TV will only be watched on Friday & Saturday's unless special permission is given. We will work on Article of Faith #8 this month. I will be making a cleaning check list to place in the various rooms- for those who don't clean because they don't know what needs to be done. Connor helped us draw names from a hat of the person we are going to do secret acts of service for this week. We are going to plan to arrive at least 10 minutes early to wherever we are going.

Goals Troy and I set:

*Attend the temple once a month

*Take tithing out in cash when we get paid and seal it up right away

*Pray as a couple, right after the kids are put to bed

*Have a weekly planning/finance meeting on Sunday night

And last but not least we chose our family theme: Doctrine & Covenants 109:7-9:
7 And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith;
8 Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of corder, a house of God;
9 That your incomings may be in the name of the Lord, that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord, that all your salutations may be in the name of the Lord, with uplifted hands unto the Most High—

1 comment:

An Ordinary Mom said...

I love your goals for the year. I aslo like how you chose a scripture for the year and how you do service for someone during the week. Is that for someone in the family or someone else? I think I will have to steal some of your ideas ... thanks for sharing :) !!