Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday

We used to have a perfectly nice small cooler bag that was perfect when I needed to take my lunch someplace. I think one of the kids took this to school when he couldn't find his regular lunchbox and I have not seen it since. So, the past several times I've subbed, I have tried to cram my lunch into a brown lunch sack. This doesn't work so well, if you are bringing anything in containers opposed to just sandwich bags.

So my Works for Me Wednesday tip is when you need to bring a lunch somewhere, grab a gift bag. Maybe you have one that is a little tattered or wrinkled and you wouldn't necessarily want to reuse it when you are giving a gift.




Ok, so I realize maybe some of you don't have to take your lunch or your child hasn't lost your cooler bag. Other possibilities for using these lunch bags-

*send a birthday bag on your child's special day

*use a larger one to go on a picnic- they usually have a reinforced bottom, making it easier to load with more items

*reuse them to take any set of small items when going someplace- i.e. load it up with a few ink pads, stamps sets and cardstock for a cardmaking session with a friend


For more ideas, don't forget to visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

3 comments:

lady laura said...

This is a really good idea! Just last night I delivered dinner to a new mom and carried it in a plastic bad. How much cuter if I would have used one of the umpteen gift bags :)

An Ordinary Mom said...

Great ideas on how to reuse bags ... especially the ones that are a little tattered!

Nikki said...

Great idea! I also like lady laura's comment about using it to take dinner to someone.