Sunday, January 07, 2007

Missionaries


We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. We had my favorite marinated chicken, twice baked potatoes, green beans with cheese and bacon, homemade rolls and then ice cream sundaes with homemade hot fudge. It was really yummy, especially after fasting. We love having the missionaries in our home. We have awesome Elders serving in our ward right now. We have really grown to love them. Elder Barfield is being transfered this week. We wish him the best.

One of the reasons I love to have the missionaries in our home is because I think it is such a good influence for my own boys. We talk a lot about when they get older what it will be like for them to go on a mission. Troy has lots of great stories about when he served in the Texas Houston East mission and he shares those often with the boys. Troy and I both hope that the boys decide to serve a full time mission. Troy agrees with those who have said it was 2 of the best years.

Just in case anyone would like the recipe for marinated chicken- it is super easy. Marinate chicken breasts in 1 part oil, 2 parts soy sauce and 3 parts 7up or Sprite. Grill. The longer you marinate the chicken, the better it tastes. I always let it sit at least overnight. The last several times I made the marinade when I got home from the grocery store with the chicken. Just throw it in a ziploc bag and put it in the freezer. A day before you are ready to eat it, let it thaw in the fridge.

No comments: