Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cards

When Jameson was a baby, a good friend of mine introduced me to stamping and I was immediately hooked. Shortly after that I got into scrapbooking and my pocketbook has never been the same since. I love cardmaking and crafting I think so much b/c it is something you can sit down and channel all your creative energy into a project that you can finish. While I love being a SAHM, there is a part of me that needs that sense of accomplishment that comes with doing a card or a scrapbook page, as opposed to the never ending pile of laundry that appears day after day.

So this week I made cards for a swap group I am a part of. The theme was Baby Girl cards and the challenge to not use pink. Boy, I struggled with this one. I didn't turn out like I had anticipated, but I think I am ok with it today. Amber, if you are reading this, close your eyes if you want to be surprised when you get these in the mail!!





Then this week, my friend Micki, sent me the February Kit from Cardsadaisy, a site that sells kits for making cards & scrapbook pages. The papers are so fun & easy to work with. Plus for me Valentine's Day is one of those fun holidays where there isn't much pressure to make the perfect birthday card or Christmas layout. Here are the samples I came up with for her. Check out her fun site!

4 comments:

Heather D. said...

LOVE your card samples!!! AWESOME! Hey..thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog today!! I would absolutely LOVE to send ya the journal jar questions. Could you send me a quick e-mail so I have your e-mail address? I couldn't find it on your blog anywhere! Thanks!!! :-)

Heather D. White said...

Oops....I hit ENTER too fast to type in my full name and link it back to my blog. LOL! Sorry about that.

beckbot said...

hey kristi... very pretty cards. It's fun finding fellow bloggers; I put up a link to your blog on mine. Is that ok?

Kristi said...

Hi Rebecca!!!

Of course you can!!